IS TELEHEALTH IN YOUR FUTURE?
Presenters will include experts from Yale New Haven Health, the Government Affairs Division at Halloran and Sage,
Anthem, LiveHealth, Garfunkel Wild, P.C., the HUB Insurance Agency, WEBeMED, and others
Telehealth is a hot topic within the healthcare industry for a variety of reasons, including its potential to play a role in addressing a number of issues facing our healthcare delivery systems and processes. As we continue to emphasize cost controls and our medical delivery system expands to meet the needs of a growing and aging population (and as our focus shifts to preventative care and the monitoring and management of chronic conditions) the use of telehealth modalities continues to grow. .
According to a survey by American Well, the number of patients using telemedicine is expected to rise from 350,000 in 2015 to 7 million in 2018 with 64 percent of Americans willing to have doctor visits by video conferencing if available. About 90 percent of healthcare executive surveyed reported their organizations have either begun or have already implemented a telehealth program. As of 2015, 29 states, including Connecticut, have enacted legislation requiring health insurers to reimburse providers for telemedicine services (to at least some extent) and 26 telehealth-related bills were pending in Congress. Approximately 50 percent of employers with 1,000 or more employees offered some sort of telemedicine benefits.
- Find out exactly what telemedicine/telehealth is and why its prevalence is increasing.
- Explore the most common practical applications for telehealth.
- Learn the state and federal laws that impact the use of telehealth.
- See how Medicare, Medicaid, Workers’ Compensation, and other commercial carriers reimburse for telemedicine services.
- Hear the risk management and professional liability concerns regarding the use of telehealth modalities.
- Learn how to evaluate the different telemedicine vendor platforms.
- Determine how to get started with telemedicine.
FCMA members and office staff are invited. Dinner included. There is limited seating, so register early.
Refunds will be given if we receive your cancellation within three (3) business days of the event.